What I'm Reading

 Being a fan of things of a darker nature in general I typically scour the library shelves for spines with black and red.  Now, I know this is not the best way to select books, but it's how I usually do it, and this past weekend did not disappoint.  I've just finished Minette Walters' The Cellar, and this one was right up my alley.  The pacing, the voice and characters were perfect, and it was hard to put down once I cracked it open.  It's the kind of story I'd hope to come up with myself, and it left me curious about her other novels.

The protagonist is a young African immigrant enslaved in a British home who quietly becomes her adoptive family's own worst nightmare.  She suffers at their hands, but ends up having the last laugh, so to speak. That's all I'll give away.  Check it out for yourselves if it sounds interesting.

Comments

  1. It does sound interesting! I'll have to remember the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been a Joyce Carol Oates fan for years, but I think I found another favorite.

      Delete
  3. That is an interesting way to choose books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, odd, I know. Unless I'm searching for a specific author or title this is my go-to method.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

(Cruisin' on the) Beer B(l)oat

Are You Afraid of Dying?

Paying Tribute to What, I'm Not Exactly Sure