Opening Post- Here Goes

 I know, I know, you're thinking to yourself, "Yay goody, another wannabe writer's blog."

  I'm supposed to be making myself write more because I'm such a procrastinator, and what do I do?  Start another blog.  Sure, it can be a time waster, but I figure at least I'm writing something, right?

Over the years I've amassed a trove of bits and pieces, things that I want to give life to one day in hopes they'll become something worthy of being published.  Somewhere.  Anywhere.  I had one flash piece published in a lesser-known lit mag a few years ago and I've submitted another to a couple of other journals, but I've yet to get anything published "for real".

I remember telling myself just before turning fifty that I'd get something published by the time I hit the big 50Riiight.  Flash forward about a decade and, well...

Comments

  1. hey - what is time. Welcome to the club. Any time you start is the right time. Now work toward the finish line. And edit, edit, edit. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne, and thanks for taking the time to stop by!

      Delete
  2. Hi, welcome to the land of blogs. As the saying goes 'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' I certainly agree with that. Glad to have you join us. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have to say- I like that quote. Thanks Martha, and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I as published on Yahoo Contributor Network before it closed so I did what I set out to do. Now I just write on my blog. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I'd never even heard of Yahoo Contributor Network. At least blog writing is writing, right?

      Delete
  4. Well, you DID have that flash fiction piece published before you turned 50, so that goal has been accomplished, right? Give yourself some credit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the spark of positivity, Debra! I need to make myself get to work cleaning up some other pieces now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Afraid of Dying?

(Cruisin' on the) Beer B(l)oat

Paying Tribute to What, I'm Not Exactly Sure